We were so excited to see everyone at our Back to School Night on Monday, August 15. Students and their families stopped by between 5-7 p.m. to meet their teachers, see their new classrooms, and drop off supplies. It was a fun-filled night for everyone!
Here are a few important back-to-school reminders:
- HOURS: Our first day of school is Wednesday, August 17. Students will be allowed into the building at 8 a.m., and the school day begins at 8:15 a.m. Staggered dismissal begins at 3:20-3:30 p.m. All students need to be picked up by 3:45 p.m.
- UNIFORMS: Students do not need to wear uniforms the first day of school. Uniforms will be required on Thursday, August 18.
- LUNCH: All students need to bring a cold or easily microwaved lunch to school. Unfortunately we do not have a breakfast or lunch program. Please do not send ramen noodles. Beginning on Wednesday, August 24, we will have milk available for purchase. We will start Friday Pizza Days on August 26, and students can purchase pizza for $1 per slice.
- COVID PRECAUTIONS: Our plan is to begin the school year without masks. If we see the need to require masks due to a surge in cases, we will require and provide masks for all staff and students. Students may choose to mask for their own safety and provide their own masks.
- DUNDEE DAY PARADE: Feel free to join the Phoenix Academy families and walk in the parade. We’ll provide free t-shirts for the first 20 who attend.
- PARENT NIGHT: Mark your calendars for our Parent Night on Thursday, Sept. 22. This is an important time for your child’s teachers to explain curriculum and expectations. We value your support as we team up to help your child achieve academic success.