Monday, January 28, 20189
Phoenix Academy students will be taking MAP assessments Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of THIS week. Our testing session will be in the mornings from 8:30-10:00am. You play an important part in helping students give their best performance on this important test. Teachers will use the results from these assessments to plan instruction to best meet the needs of our students. There are many ways in which you can help your child put his/her best foot forward. The following guidelines can help set our students up for success:
The night before the test:
- Make sure your child goes to bed on time so he or she is well-rested.
- Be positive and confident in the fact that you know your child will do his/her best.
- Plan ahead to avoid conflicts on the morning of the test.
The morning of the test:
- Get up a few minutes early to avoid rushing and make sure your child arrives at school on time.
- Have your child eat a nutritious breakfast. There is a strong correlation between eating breakfast and memory and cognitive functioning.
- Be positive and communicate that this is your child’s chance to show what he/she knows. The most important thing you can do right before the test is to build confidence about doing his/her very best.
Please do everything you can to make sure your child is on time for school.
Thank you for sharing your children with us! Sincerely,